Monday, February 2, 2009

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ME!!!

Okay, I am writing this in retrospect of my 37th birthday. Since my birthday is over and I have seen many of you, I feel it is fine to now write about it. If you have not wished me a happy birthday yet, you are not off the hook. I know who you are and will not forget. You can just add it to your calendars for next year, January 29th.

Anyway, some reminded me that I am still just a baby, although I am not so sure about that. I can remember in my early 20's when 30 seemed old and 40 was just plain ancient. Well, now I am a lot closer to ancient than old. In reality, I am not the type of person that gets too worked up over my age. I am truly blessed with good health, a great family, good friends, a job that I enjoy, and a church that I love to worship and serve with. So all in all I am blessed. But for those of you who sit in my class and are too young to remember the 80's, let me fill you in on a few things to look forward to.
1. Decreased Metabolism - laugh all you can now, but your day is soon coming. (Okay, except for you Andrea. I am not sure that your day will ever come.)
2. Increased Pain - Why do things ache just because I wake up? All I did was sleep.
3. Lack of Energy - I am tired just from typing this.
4. Decreased Memory - What was I saying?
5. Increased Appreciation - How can anyone be more blessed than me? All those things that you used to take for granted, you now appreciate a little more.

For those who see me as a baby, you can add to the list. For the others who have no clue what a "Members Only" jacket is, much less owned one, just read and wait.

8 comments:

Diane Teague said...

Yes I am one that thinks you are still very young. You know what they say. Enjoy the aches and pains because it means you were able to get up.

I have loved watching this generation growing up and I have really enjoyed watching how you are raising your children. I don't say it but I appreciate you teaching them a true love for the Lord and respect for the church and their elders. This is the generation that will one day take care of you if the Lord does not return and I think they are being taught well. Thank you all for being the parents we as your parents hoped you would be.

Andrea said...

Ok, so even though I was born in
'81, I do know what a "Membors Only" jacket is...I did not own one though!! : ) Which leads me to ask, did you own one and support the mullet too? ha, ha

And I'm still keeping my fingers crossed on my Metabolism!!

Happy 37th Birthday!!

Kimberly said...

Ok, I know all about Members Only, although you probably have me in the "baby" category....

After reading your post, I can't wait to get older....(please note the sarcasm) :-)

Pam said...

Happy Birthday, Zach. I'm getting too old to remember my own birthday, let alone yours. By the time I find my calendar to write yours down, I'll forget what I got it out for, so you'll just have to remind me again next year.

Hope you had a good one!

Lisa (Nana to 5) said...

Zach,Happy Birthday to you!!!!!
Just wait until you reach my age, you don't know anything yet !!!!

Kim said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Angie Tullock said...

Happy Belated Birthday Zack! Hope you enjoyed your special day. I'm over the 40 mark so we forget everything!

The Schindel Six said...

I cannot WAIT until you turn 40! We can have a party Zach and I'll postpone turning 40 and wait for you. :) Maybe Mike and Melody will join us!