Monday, April 6, 2009

Traveling is Great, When You Think About It

As most of you know, I have been traveling quite a bit this year. I have been to Las Vegas, Mexico, Netherlands, and Paris. During this time I have learned valuable lessons. Lesson one, when things go smooth they are great, when they don't you just wait and wait and wait and wait. I have traveled by plane and have figured out that only idiots travel through Newark. I have learned that it is difficult to figure out the schedule and tracks for European trains if you do not do it frequently. By the end of the trip we were pros, but at the beginning, we had a few challenges. I have learned that sometimes paying for a shuttle or taxi may be the more expensive approach, but much of the time it will prove worth it. Just bite the bullet, fork over the cash, and relax.

And finally, I have learned that traveling with my spouse is much better than alone. No lonely dinners and quiet hotel rooms. Those were traded for romantic meals in the cafes in Paris, taking in the scenery from the top of the Eiffel Tower, enjoying a romantic river cruise in a glass boat while viewing the lights of the city, seeing the Mona Lisa... All of these are memories that as a couple, we will never forget. While the negative things can overwhelm and cloud our thinking at the time, it is then we need to pause and reflect on how good we have it.

What a great life lesson!!!

3 comments:

Andrea said...

Well, why don't you just rub it in a little, ha!

Glad you two had a great time!

Angie Tullock said...

How Sweet! I'm glad you guys had a good trip. I would love to go to Paris with my husband. Maybe one day...

Diane Teague said...

How sweet! You are such a romantic. This made me cry.(of course) I am glad it was a great trip overall. It is always great to share something.